Bitcoin Miners are Dung Beetles with Rob Warren | Value Stack 25
Rob W is the co-founder and partner at Distributed Hash, and business development lead for Upstream Data.
In this episode, we talk about how “bitcoin miners are dung beetles”, referring to his recent 3 minute monologue at the Adams County Commissioner hearing in Colorado, on banning bitcoin mining with flared natural gas.
We also discuss running large-scale ASIC performance and heat tests, differences in Whatsminer vs Antminer machines, our favorite bitcoin educators, green-energy narratives and the oil & gas industry, and more!
- 0:00 Intro – Rob W (Distributed Hash / Upstream Data)
- 2:20 Croesus BTC article – Owning the land / protocol
- 5:19 Bitcoin is for everyone
- 10:00 “Bitcoin miners are dung beetles”
- 23:13 Bitcoin mining helps the electrical grid
- 32:50 ASIC research testing- Distributedha.sh
- 43:20 PI System from Upstream Data
- 44:45 Favorite bitcoin ASIC miner
- 52:25 ASIC miner performance and improving temperatures
- 1:00:00 Bitcoin miner efficiency
- 1:03:00 No-KYC bitcoin at home with your energy bill
- 1:08:10 HODLing is hard
- 1:11:10 Why regulation is ineffective
- 1:20:30 Rocky Mountain Bitcoiners
- 1:23:00 Importance of staying humble and stacking sats
- 1:41:49 Question for Adam O – how do you get used to thinking in BTC terms?
- 1:44:20 Outro/Socials -@bikesandbitcoin