Bitcoin Lightning Network Merchant Adoption with Anthony Feliciano | Value Stack 39
Anthony Feliciano is a bitcoiner pushing forward merchant services adoption and the bitcoin circular economy.
He hosts CryptoBeerKings popup meetups and is an early advocate of the Bitcoin Lightning Network adoption for small businesses to save on costs and accumulate the world’s hardest money.
This episode is a deep-dive into the world of using bitcoin as a medium of exchange and unit of account, particularly in the context of businesses and merchants. We discuss the benefits of LN vs onchain, and roadblocks that lightning network must overcome. Check out the chapters below, and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode.
- 00:00 Intro
- 4:00 Reminiscing on early days of the Lightning Network
- 9:00 Challenges & importance of Lightning Network adoption
- 15:30 When to use Lightning versus on-chain bitcoin?
- 17:30 Can lightning network scale and be decentralized enough?
- 21:20 Teaching small businesses about bitcoin and lightning network
- 25:30 How to learn about bitcoin lightning network and other BTC Layer 2s
- 28:30 Are custodial lightning solutions a growing concern?
- 31:00 Importance of grassroots Bitcoin circular economy
- 36:00 Educating businesses on why bitcoin is better than credit cards
- 44:30 Lightning network inbound liquidity & other challenges to growth
- 56:00 The paradigm shift of seeing bitcoin as a unit of account
- 58:50 Teaching middle-schoolers about bitcoin
- 1:12:00 What helped you see bitcoin’s potential earlier than most?
- 1:15:00 The process of going down the Bitcoin Rabbit Hole
- 1:17:00 Building computers in the 1990s
- 1:20:35 The trilemma of privacy, sovereignty, and convenience
- 1:25:00 Learning Linux
- 1:31:30 Outro