Value Stack #21
Riding the Investing Rollercoaster with Jared Phillips
Jared is the host of the Crypto Parabellum Podcast and +Expected Value Telegram group.
Initially in commercial insurance and a real estate investor, he’s been trading on the side for many years, and has excelled enough to recently leave his job and do it full time. His macro takes are on-point and he’s one of the few people I give weight to when he makes market calls.
The markets have been tough this year, no matter the asset class, and given his consistent trading success without a crystal ball, he must have knowledge that we can learn from to enhance our investing skills, so I am excited to have him on the show for Episode 21 of Value Stack!
- 0:00 Intro
- 3:00 Bitcoin Rabbit Hole Story
- 9:49 Views on Crypto vs Other Assets
- 12:10 Bitcoin vs Crypto
- 14:33 Bitcoin as Fed Insurance / Inflation Reduction Act
- 16:00 Challenges in Teaching and Spreading Bitcoin Adoption
- 21:45 Education Resources vs Decentralization Tradeoffs in Bitcoin
- 23:30 Role of Companies in Bitcoin Adoption
- 26:25 Importance of Time Horizon and Balance
- 29:25 Future Generations and Bitcoin Inheritance
- 30:40 Cycles of Life
- 32:45 Managing Emotions in Trading / Identifying Market Sentiment
- 34:45 Importance of Planning Trades and Risk Management
- 41:35 Investing for More than Returns
- 43:30 JP’s Shows – Crypto Parabellum Podcast, +Expected Value, Stacked Labs
- 44:45 Crypto Narrative Wars
- 47:45 Will the Next Generation Reject Fiat and Paper Money?
- 52:42 How Technology Both Undermines and Empowers Government Power
- 56:35 Future of the United States/ Importance of State’s Rights
- 1:00:30 Rejecting the Mainstream Media
- 1:02:29 Changing Demographics in US Cities
- 1:08:30 Becoming a Gold Maximalist
- 1:10:20 Keeping an Open Mind Througout Life
- 1:14:10 Outro/Socials