Value Stack #26
Counterparty Risk, Energy Markets, and Bitcoin Mining with Adam O.
Adam O is the Master of Hashrate at Upstream Data.
In episode 26 of Value Stack Podcast, we talk about the importance of counterparty risk in energy trade, how bitcoin mining is a perfectly fair game, the real effective altruism in crypto, how petroleum touches our everyday lives without us realizing it, and more.
- 0:00 “Energy waste is the biggest problem in the energy industry. Bitcoin mining fixes this.” – tweet by Jaran Mellerud
- 4:00 Pushing Bitcoin mining to upstream energy markets
- 9:30 Upstream Data – turning stranded and wasted energy into bitcoin
- 19:45 How can oil companies be confident in bitcoin’s long term success?
- 27:15 How bitcoin removes counterparty risk from energy trade
- 32:15 The first million blocks of bitcoin
- 35:01 Bitcoin is a fair game
- 37:00 Large vs small-scale bitcoin mining
- 42:10 Counterparty risk pt 2 (GET YOUR COINS OFF EXCHANGES)
- 47:15 Money: A True Story of a Made Up Thing
- 49:15 Bitcoin is the real “effective altruism”
- 55:50 Importance of self-custody, no-kyc bitcoin
- 59:24 How #bitcoin could fail
- 1:07:30 @Denverbitcoin history
- 1:10:26 Importance of petroleum in our everyday life
- 1:14:56 How bitcoin improves economic stability
- 1:19:31 Using bitcoin as unit of account
- 1:23:45 Measuring hashprice and energy efficiency
- 1:36:16 Is it a good time to mine bitcoin?
- 1:41:50 Building during bear markets
- 1:46:09 Next episode question for T.Bain – Adams County and Colorado Energy Markets
- 1:48:54 Outro @DenverBitcoin