Value Stack #27
Strengthening the Electrical Grid through Bitcoin Mining with Tyler Bain
Tyler Bain is a registered professional engineer in the state of Colorado and alumni at the Colorado School of Mines.
He hosts one of the largest recurring bitcoin meetups in the US, Denver Bitcoin & Beer, and is the co-author of Bitcoin for Dummies, Second Edition.
As a bitcoin hobbyist and enthusiast, his emphasis has been on system resiliency and mining mechanics. In this episode, we discuss the importance of the Electrical Grid, energy mix, how bitcoin can improve demand load forecasting, and more.
- 0:00 Intro / Bitcoin For Dummies Second Edition
- 5:40 How did you learn about bitcoin?
- 9:20 Does bitcoin price matter?
- 13:30 Are we still early in bitcoin?
- 19:30 Denver Bitcoin & Beer Meetup
- 31:00 Colorado 2022 ballot / Adams County bitcoin mining ban
- 34:00 Why we need more energy / renewable energy discussion
- 1:03:00 Does consuming energy come with a moral imperative?
- 1:10:00 Bitcoin mining challenges and energy consumption
- 1:19:23 Thinking long-term: bitcoin in 2050
- 1:30:07 Why the bullet proof vest? @tatumturnup
- 1:31:51 Outro (@blockbain)