Value Stack #38
RGB, Ordinals, and Bitcoin Development with Hunter Beast
Hunter Beast is a freedom-lover and Rust developer focused on building with Bitcoin layers.
He’s also Director of Engineering at DIBA, where they’re building a marketplace for digital art on Bitcoin and Bitcoin only, but using the RGB Contracts Layer and BDK instead of Ordinals.
He is also architecting a decentralized storage system called Carbonado to store content for DIBA’s Unique Digital Assets that’s trustless, paid in Lightning, and encrypts all data using Nostr keys. In this episode, we talk about developing on bitcoin, why code and free speech are important, I, NFTS, and so many other topics.
This is a bit more of a technical discussion than most episodes, so enjoy the banter and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
- 00:00:00 Intro
- 00:01:00 Bitcoin origin story
- 00:05:10 Selling vs spending bitcoin
- 00:07:10 DDOS attacks
- 00:07:50 Political views on career & money
- 00:09:10 Risk taking vs risk aversion
- 00:10:15 Information asymmetry in programming
- 00:14:23 The best way to learn anything
- 00:17:00 On AI replacing traditional education; hands-on learning vs memorization
- 00:18:47 Extracurricular activity
- 00:23:00 Why free speech matters
- 00:28:50 Why Rust programming language?
- 00:30:27 Evils of inefficient web technologies
- 00:32:00 Ordinals (Index) vs RGB
- 00:39:00 Bitmask wallet
- 00:48:10 RGB vs Ordinals from end-user standpoint
- 00:54:00 Don’t shitcoin – it’s bad for you
- 01:00:04 Human species’ trajectory
- 01:03:40 Economics of energy
- 01:08:00 Bitcoin includes everything
- 01:19:18 Carbonado
- 01:28:53 Saifedean Ammous will get you fired
- 01:35:27 Bitcoin is good for your health
- 01:40:45 Outro
- Follow Hunter on Twitter
- Check out BitMask wallet
- Support the Show: https://valuestack.xyz/support
- Google Podcasts
- Everywhere else podcasts are available