Financial Planning for Bitcoiners with Zechariah Schaefer | Value Stack 41
Zechariah Schaefer, CFP®, is the founder of Ascent, a next-generation wealth management & tax firm helping Founders, Tech Professionals, & Crypto Investors to reduce taxes, build wealth intentionally, & invest wisely. Due to his firm’s unique Gen Z & Millennial niche, flat-fee model, & his 10,000+ social media following, Zechariah’s been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Investopedia, & more.
In this episode, we discuss a financial advisor’s perspective on bitcoin, and how this asset is a growing part of younger investors’ planning. We talk about practical ways that people can improve their own financial position, debt and leverage, philosophies of value and diversification, and more.
If you’re interested in how bitcoin can serve as a part of a sound financial plan, this episode is definitely for you! Check out the chapters below!
- 00:00 Intro
- 1:40 Why should someone still consider a financial advisor in 2023?
- 4:40 How do financial advisors compete in an automated investing world?
- 7:45 Why did you start your own RIA instead of joining a big firm?
- 11:55 What areas of advice do millenials in tech need help with?
- 26:10 Most common Gen-Z financial planning mistakes
- 31:00 How do you create a beginning financial plan?
- 33:45 How do you think about debt in 2023?
- 37:00 Discussing personal residence real estate as an investment
- 39:00 How do you define “value”?
- 44:20 Asset allocation for crypto investors in 2023
- 51:00 Considering children and family in a financial plan
- 53:06 Bitcoiner’s take on retirement accounts and social security
- 56:00 Money printing, bitcoin, CBDCs and predicting our future monetary system
- 1:05:00 Custodial bitcoin
- 1:08:40 Outro – General tips to improve your own financial position
If you’re interested in how bitcoin can serve as a part of a sound financial plan, you can reach Zechariah below! The best place to get in touch with Zechariah is his LinkedIn, but we’ve also included his other links!
- Google Podcasts
- Everywhere else podcasts are available