Bitcoin Culture with Mark Goodwin | Value Stack 23
Mark Goodwin and his team produce the quarterly print edition of Bitcoin Magazine.
In this episode, we talk about bitcoin culture, differences in strategies of producing digital vs print content, “fiat-disease” and sobriety, reclaiming sovereignty, and more.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:40 Learning about Bitcoin through the Silk Road
- 5:06 Crypto lessons since 2017
- 6:58: Was the ETH merge successful?
- 7:50 Are stablecoins still worth using?
- 9:00 Interest rates – are they instruments of war?
- 10:10 Exchange rates and inflation – Euro, Pound, Dollar
- 13:08 Keeping conviction in bitcoin
- 14:10 From slinging drinks to magazines
- 22:58 Importance of trust in relationships
- 26:20 What does bitcoin look like in the future?
- 30:00 Why is the lightning network important?
- 33:40 Creating a good UX for bitcoin wallets
- 36:30 Bitcoin Magazine – Q3 ‘22 Orange Party Bitcoin Politics Issue
- 55:20 Creating bitcoin content during a bear market
- 58:20 Favorite bitcoin content creators
- 1:04:30 Studying already successful content to improve quality
- 1:06:20 Creating media that people revisit years later
- 1:13:00 Appreciating the elegance of complex systems
- 1:16:00 Bitcoin culture and humanity
- 1:23:00 How high can the DXY go?
- 1:26:44 Fiat culture and alcohol
- 1:42:11 Rhetoric about money and economics
- 1:44:05 Predicting the Bitcoin Renaissance
- 1:45:09 AI Singularity – Ray Kurzweil on Lex Fridman
- 1:49:08 Bitcoin Hard Forks
- 1:49:34 Outro / Social Media Links