Value Stack #37
Content Creation and Gen Z Bitcoiners with Jack Sweeney
Jack Sweeney is a Gen Z YouTuber turned passionate Bitcoin advocate. He currently writes about the lightning network for LN Capital and produces content under @jacksweeney.
In Value Stack 37, we discuss how Jack found Bitcoin, the existential meaning about being a millenial and gen Z in today’s economy, being content creators online, and more. This is an esoteric episode so sit back with an open mind and enjoy!
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:38 Bitcoin Origin story
- 08:45 Big difference of bitcoin and altcoins?
- 10:00 Why NFTs have no inherent value
- 23:15 The root of the problem is the money is corrupted
- 25:25 Betting on bitcoin success vs fiat collapse
- 27:00 Finding meaning in the world and purpose
- 29:25 Effects of money printing on socioeconomics
- 32:50 Short-term bias – high vs. low time preference thinking
- 36:00 Becoming a radical
- 37:30 Thinking of Bitcoin as a unit of account
- 38:55 Money is at the base layer of society and interaction
- 40:26 What wealth affords
- 41:40 In it for the “I told ya so’s”
- 45:00 Bitcoin is a movement, and a savings tool – not an investment
- 48:10 Seeing the truth of what’s in front of you
- 50:30 Whether or not to disclose on a date that you’re a bitcoiner
- 58:00 Incentivizing content creators through NOSTR Zaps
- 59:50 Personality traits that are common among bitcoiners
- 1:04:20 How fiat destroys most purchasing power in under a decade
- 1:08:00 How to grow a YouTube channel
- 1:17:00 Will fiat and bitcoin coexist?
- 1:19:46 What has more supply: Shiba Inu Coin or the US Dollar?
- 1:26:45 Just wait for bitcoin(math) to do its thing and chill!
- 1:30:00 Sats – a bitcoin “penny”, 10 bitcoin is a billionaire – Bitcoin units
- 1:37:10 Outro
- Follow Jack on Twitter
- Support the Show: https://valuestack.xyz/support
- Google Podcasts
- Everywhere else podcasts are available